Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.18.2009

Worth a Look: Pondicherry Vintage


My friend Ellen posted a sample from Paperhill Fabrics that enticed me to take a closer look at the collection. On hand are vintage cottons from the 1950s through the 70s, including my personal favorite, "Pondicherry." Remind you of some iconic blue-and-white prints? Although clearly inspired by centuries-old Eastern designs, it's said to be authentic vintage -- not a retro repro -- so this is a fun budget-friendly alternative to higher end options. It also reminds me of Madeline Weinrib's ceramics collection.


Images three and four cropped from Simon Upton photographs published in Elle Decor, December 2008. And I know this is a bit of a rehash, but Tory Burch is still feeling blue, too. Below selections from the pre-fall 2009 collection.



6 comments:

lk- Health yDelicious said...

I need that dress in my life.

Katherine Lee said...

Beautiful!!! Great post as always!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
www.urbanfleadesign.com

Style Court said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Style Court said...

Thanks Katherine!

pve design said...

I adore these types of patterns. A friend just returned from India with the best tunics and gave me a scarf with a similar look in "greens" -
I love it!
pve

Janet said...

Oh, there is nothing fresher looking than blue and white for summer. Beautiful patterns!