Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.17.2009

Three Wishes: Jordan Barkin

Jordan Barkin, a talented editor over at Veranda, graciously shared with me three wishes for my summer project. Here is what was on his mind:

I hope that people will continue to value the authenticity of honest materials. I'd rather see tarnish than varnish.

I wish that I could arrange flowers as well as Atlanta-based florist Heath Alan Ray.

I wish that everyone could have a mother as wonderful as mine
.

Flowers above by Heath Alan Ray, partner at Jackson/Durham Flowers and Events. Photograph by Samuel Granado. Leather trunk handles available through Horton Brasses.

5 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

What a great way to use 3 wishes.
Leslie

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I love it when boys (men) remember their Moms! She must be a really good one. Enjoy the three wishes.

style and grace said...

That flower arrangement just put a huge smile on my face!

Paul Pincus said...

i, too, love tarnish over varnish! ... and the leather trunk handles are TOO beautiful!

Kelly Galvin Robson said...

"value the authenticity of honest materials... I'd rather see tarnish then varnish."

Couldn't agree more.