Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.07.2009

Seersucker Part II

On Saturday I mentioned a big sale at Silk Trading's Atlanta location (discounts are currently available online too). Their timeless linen-cotton stripes are among the bargains, so I thought it would be nice to look back at the upholstered settee in Mary McDonald's bathroom. When this ran in February 2009, domino editors suggested Silk Trading's pucker-y "Asusena." The seersucker I brought home last week, "Fusilli Stripe," is another great stand-in. Both are now available for around $15 per yard.

I won't be doing a big upholstered piece. Simple slipcovers for the seats of dining chairs (just a cozy table for two) are what I've got in mind. And inspiration for striped slipcovers always comes from Suzanne Rheinstein.

Image at top was cropped from a Miguel Flores-Vianna photo.

11 comments:

mary said...

LOVE the seersucker .... you have tempted me so I'm on my way over to the site (didn't realize it was on line too!) and aren't both of those ladies just the best? Thanks

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Very nice! Can you imagine the bliss of floor-to-ceiling seersucker curtains?

Style Court said...

Aesthete -- yes, I can!

Style Court said...

Mary -- yes, they are!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Cool fun seersucker. Can't wait for you to get your peonies too!

katiedid said...

Such a summery inspiration!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Captivated by the thought of curtains. Not to take away from the slip covers!

Belle Decor said...

That image from Domino is the chicest thing I've ever seen. That floor, the seersucker, the dark window sashes. Love it, love it.

Miss Kris said...

Hi~I am trying to hold up my jaw! I LOVE this sofa, not only the seersucker but the tufting AND the long skirt. It's all about the details. I love seersucker in clothing for anyone, any age & any sex! And, yes aren't our homes suppose to reflect us? Simply LOVELY! ...thank you for sharing.
~Miss Kris~

Topsy Turvy said...

I'm loving that seersucker-upholstered settee!

–Lana

Rose C'est La Vie said...

seersucker has amazing resonance for me - of a happy childhood and of my late mama. Thank you for reminding me of this lovely fabric and suggesting new ways of employing it.