Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.12.2009

Remember Pannonica?

The other day I was toying with the idea of weeding out my sidebar when a name jumped out at me: Pannonica de Koenigswarter. Who was she again? Oh yes, the "Three Wishes" woman. Last June, after reading about "Nica" on Hermes' site, I did a short post about her book, Les Musiciens de Jazz et Leurs Trois Voeux. In the 1960s Nica went out with two Hermes notebooks and a Polaroid and asked struggling musicians to share three personal wishes. (She focused on musicians because she was a serious jazz patron.)

I thought this basic concept would be such a great summer project, but I never got around to it. This year I want to make it happen and perhaps incorporate responses from artists and designers into the blog. I often cross paths with some interesting characters, so this should be fun. Moleskine would be the notebook of choice. Who would you like to hear from?

11 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

YOU! We want to hear what your three wishes are.

I need to find a summer project.

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Great idea! I look forward to reading these posts. Any one who falls into the "Nica" category sounds interesting to me. I agree Moleskine is the best choice.

An Aesthete's Lament said...

A biography about Pannonica has just been released, directed by her grand-niece Hannah Rothschild. Read about it here: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/Music/article/628406

pve design said...

I would like to hear from Maira Kalman. I have always admired her color, her work and her sense of humor.
As for "three wishes" - peace, hope, and love for all.
pve

Ivy Lane said...

Peace, Love, Happiness!

Sanity Fair said...

Atlanta musicians - that should be a really interesting group!
I love moleskins (and they may not be Hermes, but they were the choice of Picasso and Hemingway, so not too shabby). I carry mine around wherever I go.

Ideezine said...

Great post! I use simular tools mine is a high tech tool called Livescribe Pulse Smartpen.
(www.livescribe.com) They have small notebooks with page marker and elastic band closures. Info can be tranferred into your computer and also to others.

Great for notes at lectures, blogging, seminars, client meeting, and idea inspirations including sketches.

I love writing and I love high tech to get me there quicker.

Assign yourself a different group
on diferent weeks for variety.

You know what they say "write it down, make it happen"!

Have fun, looking forward to reading your post about it.

Bette

Shani said...

What a fantastic idea!! I love it. I'm not as familiar with the ATL arts scene (my husband and I hope to start heading that way more with his new business venture), but I can think of a couple around here whom I would ask! We also got to meet Anne Boudreau (from New Orleans) recently, who works in textiles. She's a fun lady and I'd love to hear what she would have to say.

I hope you post the journal that you find! Have fun!

Karena said...

As a fellow artist I would love to interview Jasper Johns, have known Michaelangelo, and Mark Rothko. Quite a mix, I know! Love, peace, and joy!

Style Court said...

Hi everyone -- I really appreciate the input. Thanks!

Style Court said...

Meg -- maybe at the end of the summer. I think the other responses will be far more interesting than mine! But you're kind.