Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.18.2009

I Have to Thank...

Every once in a while I receive the loveliest emails from readers -- not press releases -- just a few kind words about something they found inspiring. One, for example, came from a recent graduate who decided to reward herself with a mid-century Andrew Bucci watercolor. (She discovered the Mississipi-born artist while reading this blog.) In case you are wondering, I don't take a dime for spreading the word about artists or designers, but I do get tremendous satisfaction from joyful letters like this. On certain days, they make me feel as if I'm putting my art degree to good use!

In short, I'm publicly thanking every reader who has taken time to write during the past three years. Based on the emails, it seems many of you would like an opportunity to see more of Bucci's work in person. Apart from Cole Pratt Gallery in New Orleans and Brown's Fine Art in Jackson, numerous museums own pieces. Below is just a sampling. (Please check with the individual institutions to see if his work is actually on view this summer.)

Smithsonian Archive of American Art
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art
Meridian Museum of Art
Mississippi Museum of Art
New Orleans Museum of Art
The Ogden Museum of Southern Art

Shown at top, Bucci's Untitled Face, oil on paper, 1950s, and Untitled Face, oil and charcoal on paper, 1972 both available through Cole Pratt Gallery.

Still on the subject of art, don't miss Ellen's instructions for doing linocut prints with kids.

12 comments:

Sanity Fair said...

Thanks for the guidebook! I know I will be by at least one of these in the next few months - can't wait to visit.

Style Court said...

SF -- Oh good. Sounds like you have a cool summer trip planned.

mary said...

I LOVE all the information and insight you have - I often forward your posts to artist friends from other areas. You do a wonderful job !
Thank you

Style Court said...

Mary, thank YOU. Comments like that make my week.

Renae said...

Courtney,
I so enjoy your blog and I learn so much.
Thanks and lots of blessings...

Style Court said...

Renae -- I appreciate that. Thanks so much.

Janet said...

Well, thank you for giving us something to write to you about!

Style Court said...

Janet,

:)

Belle said...

For the past few days I have been wanting to email you to let you know how much I appreciate your blog and your gentle voice. I like the subject matter yet your blog is the only one I read about it.

I learn so much and get so much pleasure here.

Style Court said...

Hi Belle -- that's wonderful. Thanks so much! So sweet of you to take time to comment.

MABELLE said...

Hi Courtney! You continue to inspire me as usual :) Thank YOU for all of your knowledge and style, and for supporting artists and designers. You've touched the lives of so many people (me being one of them!) and we all cannot thank you enough :)
xo ma.

Style Court said...

Right back at you MA :)

x