Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.06.2009

Brilliant Again


Millie, aka Brilliant Asylum, is back with a bang, reporting on local happenings and worthwhile reads that she finds surfing the Web. I was so taken with 21-year-old college senior Maximilian Sinsteden’s dorm room. His salon-style wall is a must see, in part because he seems fearless when it comes to layering and mixing diverse types of art. Click here to read Sarah Bernard's story in New York Magazine. Photography by Dean Kaufman.

9 comments:

Vicky said...

WOW. I am speechless.

Karena said...

Welcome back to Millie! The art wall is intriguing, a great collection at such a young age!

Mimi said...

Wow, 21! Max is a very talented young man...Looks like he's one hot designer to look out for, I'm sure. Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Brilliant Asylum said...

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I know I take a lot of blogging breaks, so I appreciate the visits even when my site is sadly posting images from months prior.

Anonymous said...

I love this - thanks for posting. KDM

Nadine @ BDG said...

That salon wall is perfectly balanced between all elements: scale, color, content-- making for a very interesting space.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

No Way! I cannot believe how stylish this 21 year old... I think I was surviving on Ramen Noodles and had posters (classy ones of Gone with the Wind) tapes (perhaps tacked) to my walls when I was 21!!! I'm gobsmacked! Is it just me or are 21 year olds SOOO much more sophisticated than we were (I was?) back then!!!

Annie, bossy color said...

I love that Max would invest so much thought, energy, and time into his dorm room - and presumably with a full course load! Inspiration for renters everywhere.

mypoliticalexile said...

Wow.. i am kind of surprised about the universal love. I find it really affected for a dorm room