Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.11.2009

Baby Wicker

Ever since I spotted a petite wicker child's chair in a room done-up by a chic globe-trotting decorator, I've been thinking more about the idea.

Now High Street Market is gearing up for a baby-inspired sale on Thursday, May 14 and one of the items in the collection is a freshly painted vintage wicker piece. I've been told that it is really sturdy and could easily hold a small child. (Everything I've bought from HSM has arrived in great condition.)

In addition to the chair shown here, expect to find toys, framed textiles, footstools, lamps, baby blocks, books, and accessories.




Interior design in image two is by Peter Dunham.

14 comments:

Beach Vintage said...

Love it and love the vintage blocks.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Hope you are bright eyed.

pve design said...

I had a wicker bassinette which my Mom helped me paint. It was on big wheels and I loved that thing. It served as a bed for a short while....
pve

Kelly Galvin Robson said...

Thank you, Courtney!

Jennifer said...

adorable pieces!

Paul Pincus said...

that's an adorable chair, courtney! i'm also in love with the elephant and the baby duck.

thank you for the link to peter dunham. LOVE the jazzy chair. i think the grant sofa is very handsome!

Sanity Fair said...

Altogether now: awwwww! That is precious. I love wicker for children's rooms. My family has a little wicker children's rocker that's been in the family for almost 100 years.

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your blog! Enjoyed my visit!!!

Style Court said...

Thanks Mary Jane!

Debra said...

Love the sweet baby wicker. When I was an infant, my parents used a big wicker laundry basket for my nap times. A really charming blog here.

Anonymous said...

Courtney,

Have you seen the "elephant table" (pieroneimports.com) also done in white wicker? I think it would look great in a kids room or otherwise.

Nomita

Style Court said...

Nomita -- I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Stacy McCallum said...

Sooo excited for this sale! I have it marked on my calendar!

TERI REES WANG said...

When I turned six my babysitter took me to the local import shop and told me to pick any thing I want. I picked a natural wicker chair that was just my size. I still have that chair. I see it every day, poised in the corner, with out too much wear.