Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

4.07.2009

Flashback

Each season Tory Burch shares a virtual inspiration board related to her current collection. For spring 2009 her muses include Candice Bergen in the 70s, along with Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé and their Moroccan paradise, Majorelle.

I thought it would be fun to hastily re-post these stunning photographs from Ivan Terestchenko. (Top two images, above.) You may remember he has a new book, Les Paradis Secrets d' Yves Saint Laurent et de Pierre Bergé.

In 1979, Candice Bergen seemed drawn to airy interiors with an abundance of creamy-white punctuated by rich ethnic textiles and Chinese lamps. Here are some details from Horst Interiors.

In the bedrooom of her duplex apartment, a leather-topped desk held mementos such as a silver mug and baby rattles.

The clothes probably need no caption, but just in case, they are Tory Burch.

Update: 4.23.09
Ivan Terestchenko graciously answered Mrs. Blandings' question. He says, "The ceiling of YSL's bedroom in Marrakech is yellow indeed underlined with flashy green. I had never seen this before either but it is certainly the most beautiful bedroom I have ever photographed. When I entered the room for the first time, this yellow took my breath away. By the way, an American edition of the book will by published by Vendome at the end of the year."

Here is a link to the upcoming edtion: The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge.

12 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - is the ceiling yellow in the top photo? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like that.

Style Court said...

Patricia -- I believe so. There's an apple-green stripe of sorts then the yellow.

Style Court said...

Or it's another yellow stripe. I'll try to double check.

Sanity Fair said...

like the tory burch pics - nice pop of color for this time of year.

Susan Lang @ Designing Your Dream Home said...

I love the desk chair in the bedroom!

The Peak of Chic said...

I think I love everything in the YSL photo- the rug, the torchère, the Anglo-Indian (?) looking chest, and that painting above it. Gorgeous!!

mary said...

Candice Bergen has an amazing eye for the perfect mix--refined with the perfect ethnic counterpoint and that taste is still evolving. I think the same could be said for St. Laurent and Berge the embracing counterpoint. Thank you. Love your posts.

Style Court said...

Mary, love your take on this. Thanks for sharing!

Found said...

love this post, i love it when interiors are tied to fashion (and ms. bergen).

Style Court said...

Thanks Found :)

Ivan Terestchenko said...

The ceiling of YSL bedroom in Marrakech is yellow indeed underlined with flashy green.
I had never seen this before either but it is certainly the most beautiful bedroom I have ever photographed. When I entered the room for the first time, this yellow took my breath away. Thank you Courtney for the post. By the way an american edition of the book will by published by Vendome at the end of the year.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Ivan - based on what I have seen so far I will be dashing to the book store for this one. What a treat to see such a special room in person. Thanks for filling us in on the details.