Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

4.03.2009

Carolina Irving Textiles


Oh happy day. Carolina Irving's textile site has been updated and it's just lovely. Click here to enjoy.


The images directly above are from Town & Country, March 2009. Carolina is wearing one of the silk ikat coats designed in collaboration with Lisa Fine. Visit Irving and Fine for details.

When it comes to her eye for color and mixing patterns, Carolina has said she is inspired by the painter Édouard Vuillard. Shown above is Vuillard's Interior with Figure Sewing, 1899, via The Met.

10 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

I just filed that image from Vogue yesterday. Going to the site right now - thanks, Court.

Karena said...

The Tamar fabric in Cinnabar may be going on my dining chairs,I love it!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I pulled it out from T&C too! Great post. Thanks for the links and the follow up.

Sanity Fair said...

Wow - I can't wait to get this T&C issue! Glad ikat is still going strong.

Cote de Texas said...

love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

I love Carolina Irving's textiles and always covet them when I visit Peter Dunham's shop here in LA, Hollywood at Home. And that Vuillard painting is beyond swoon-worthy. Another inspirational post, my dear!! xx

Style Court said...

Lisa, I appreciate that so much.

Everyone, glad the reaction is so positive. Always nice to hear from you!

The Peak of Chic said...

Great news for a Monday! (I'm obviously reading this a little late!)

Anonymous said...

Great Post --love Vuillard! The white in fabric in that painting is totally inspiring me!
Amanda Talley

Style Court said...

Hi Amanda -- glad I added the painting!