Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

3.06.2009

Brigitte Singh Vintage Remnant Sale


Aleta's big sale of vintage Brigitte Singh fabric remnants has begun. Prices start as low as £1. Aleta is based in London but, in my experience, the international shipping fees are very reasonable, and happily the sale is open to the public. Most of the featured Indian prints are unique and the last of their kind, explains company founder Aleta Bartel-Orton.

To learn more about the history of Indian block printing, visit the Anokhi Museum.


Last image via Selvedge, issue 24.

7 comments:

Enzie at World Market Portraits said...

Beautiful flower pattern!

Karena said...

I love the green and white. as I am looking for fabric to cover the dining chairs. The pots of paint are so inspiring!

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

I can't believe you posted about Anokhi! I went to the Anokhi store in Delhi and Udaipur last year and bought the most beautiful kurtas, dressing gowns and wraps from there. I didn't know they had a museum. The fabric is so soft and the prints are incredible. The next time I go to India, I'll send you something from there.

Anonymous said...

Per your introduction I just purchased two Andrew Bucci watercolors from the Cole Pratt Gallery. I can't wait to receive them. I gave them your name and they said they had received several phone calls that day, but weren't sure why!
Best, Allison

Style Court said...

Lisa -- you are so generous and you've been to the coolest places!

Style Court said...

Oh Allison, that's wonderful! I'm thrilled. Enjoy!

pve design said...

My sister-in-law brought back many wonderful things from India which I enjoy for the print as well as the lightweight and airy fabric in the heat of summer.
pve