Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

2.13.2009

Enjoy Your Weekend


I'll be back soon with another installment of the "mental traveler" series. In the meantime, I wish everyone luck finding a few lush-but-affordable (or free from the backyard) flowers to put in simple jars or antique decanters.

The second image above is another from Vogue, February 2001 (Julia Reed's former French Quarter house again). If you are searching for back issues of design, architecture or fashion magazines, from the 1930s to present day, Paper Pursuits is still a go-to spot.

More lovely sights can be found over at Kate Headley Photography. Kate is based in Old Town (Alexandria, Virginia) and those who love this area's historic architecture will enjoy the rich details that appear in the backgrounds of her pictures. (If you happen to get engaged this weekend, you might want to check out her wedding work too.)

Below, I Married Adventure is indeed becoming the most photographed, most blogged book. This view was shot by Leigh Miller.


The image at top is from a Parlange family party, as seen in Martha Stewart's Great Parties.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those magnolia blossoms take me right back to Mississippi...in June. Believe it or not, a few years ago I spotted a very healthy magnolia grandiflora in Central Park. There must be some micro climate created by the buildings and the park that makes it possible for it to survive the harsh Northern winters.

Style Court said...

Anon -- what a beautiful site it must have been in Central Park.

stacy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the vintage land rover. we had a vintage willy's jeep as our getaway car when we got married, not really dress friendly but it made a statement!

Style Court said...

Oh Stacy, I bet that made for a great picture!

Brilliant Asylum said...

My new house has a beautiful old Magnolia tree in the front yard. I know people complain endlessly about the leaves dropping, but I think it is worth putting up with for that month of fragrant flowers. Plus it is the only thing evergreen in my entire yard right now. I must save this photo as inspiration for Spring.

Beautiful post!

Ivy Lane said...

loving these images today! Have a Fabulous Valentine's Day! :)

Style Court said...

Millie -- How could anyone not want a magnolia tree!

Now I know who to call for flowers. Sadly, I don't have one. Can't wait to see what you do when it blooms.

Style Court said...

H Ivy! Thank you. Enjoy the day!

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

Beautiful photos!

Happy Valentine's Day to you :)

Style Court said...

Thanks Chakra!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Beautiful post. I am on my way over to Kate Headley Photography right now!

Style Court said...

Cafe -- Enjoy the night!

Mélanie said...

Love all these pics. My favorite color is purple and I have never thought about wearing it for my wedding but it looks fabulous with white . It gave me inspiration and an idea ( if one day ....)

Jena Lepitzki said...

Beautiful Post! I love it.

Gina said...

great photos. I like the tulips.

Gina from Germany

See my pics:

www.ginaspics.net

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

These images are so beautiful!