Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

12.12.2008

Crescent City Snow

Today I received an email from a friend in New York: "What's the name of that amazing culinary antiques shop in New Orleans again?" Lucullus. And this evening artist Amanda Talley sent me a quick but enchanting look at her NOLA courtyard dusted with snow. (The lines of some of these native plants are echoed in her work.) So tonight I'm listening to Louis Armstrong's Christmas in New Orleans and Cool Yule. Just wish I had a warm slice of chocolate-pecan pie.

Be sure to click here and see a new glimpse of Amanda's studio.

For more views of New Orleans' snow day, click here. The shots were taken by an architectural historian living and working in the French Quarter.

8 comments:

jds223 said...

I cherish each and every purchase I've made from Lucullus. Snow in New Orleans...wow! That rarely happens.

Style Court said...

Hi JDS -- That's wonderful. I think most everything at Lucullus is a "forever" piece.

jamey said...

hi! love your blog. the snow definitely caught us off guard, but today it was 65 degrees and into the seventies tomorrow! thanks for always showcasing the beautiful finds from my city!

Style Court said...

Hi Jamey! What a beautiful city you do live in. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the milder temps.

Style Court said...

Oh and Jamey, thanks for the sweet words!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Such a beautiful, almost magical contradiction...banana trees and snow.

jamey said...

it is my dream to have a courtyard just like that one day! simply gorgeous.

Style Court said...

I want a courtyard like that too Jamey!

Linda, it is a magical contradiction :)