Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.07.2008

Atlanta's Big Read

Remember this past post about Francis Cugat's Art Deco work that was used for the original 1925 cover of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby? I thought of it when I heard about The Literary Center's Big Read.

Atlantans ages 12 to 112 are encouraged to read Fitzgerald's acclaimed book -- as an individual or with others -- between now and June 2009. A variety of Gatsby-related events including film screenings and performances will take place in coming months. The $10 edition of the book would make a great stocking stuffer too. Click here for more details.

Image courtesy Princeton University Library.

2 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

What a great news! I re-read Gatsby every couple of years and it gets better every time. I am going to add this event to my sidebar.

Style Court said...

I need to think of something creative I can do on this blog that relates. Something we can all participate in. Glad to hear you are a fan Millie.