Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.07.2008

A Worldly Mix

Something about this vignette grabbed my attention. The homeowner, Teresa Ginori, has on her rustic Italian property an abundance of enormous wild hydrangea bushes. So she has plenty to bring inside. I love the contrast of the fresh greenish-white flowers juxtaposed with the black lacquered Asian chest and the silver candlesticks.

The punch though seems to come from the zebra portrait. When I saw it I was reminded of the famous Scalamandre wallpaper.

[Image is from Italian Country Living]


Be sure to also see this safari animal holiday card by Kate Spade for Crane.

4 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Wonderful. The great thing about hydrangea is, they look great for so much of the year. You know me and showy blooms. More is more.

Ms. Wis. said...

Can I come to your house and spend a day looking at magazine? Italian Country Living, wow!

Last fall around Thanksgiving I found a wonderful bluish burgundy hydrangea plant at the grocery store. Perfect hues for the season and it dried beautifully. I'm hoping I can score a couple more plants this fall and have enough for a wreath.

Paul Pincus said...

this is so pretty.

TonicHome said...

I'm loving that Kate Spade stationary. She always has such great designs!