Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

7.06.2008

Red Chairs in a Morning Bathroom


Karl Lagerfeld's morning bathroom has been described as "a bathroom to live in." It overlooks the sea and this is where he shaves, according to Elle Decor Bathrooms. (In the evening he uses a different room with views of the setting sun.) Of course, it's the pair of Anglo-Indian armchairs that draw me in. They are inlaid with pink coral. More red hues are echoed with the frames on the walls. Might make Monday morning not seem so bad.

13 comments:

Kirsten said...

Ooooooh, I LOVE this bathroom! One problem, you wouldnt want to leave!!

Style Court said...

I agree Kirsten!

Diane said...

I was just in a fabulous store in Palm Springs that had some wonderful bathroom chairs-- they really make a difference in the feel of that room.

Style Court said...

Diane -- yes, bathrooms with a little furniture have a completely different ambiance!

Pigtown-Design said...

I can only wish for enough room in my bathroom to have a chair! Of course, the whole house is 11.5' wide, so it's really too much to ask.

Style Court said...

Meg -- I can relate. Your charming narrow house reminds me of one in Old Town Alexandria featured on HGTV.

simply seleta said...

Ocean views offer instant relaxation and inspiration. What a wonderful way to start one's day.

The Peak of Chic said...

For some reason this photo reminds me of the Duke of Windsor's bathroom- I think it's the touches of red.

Style Court said...

Jennifer -- it does have a similar feel!

a said...

of course! why would any of us NOT have two seperate baths for morning and evening?!

breathing in the dreaming world said...

wonderful! would love to see a photo of the other bathroom.

Style Court said...

Breathing -- I'll try to post it this week :)

Easy and Elegant Life said...

I'm with "a." If you're going to shave twice a day, you may as well have a different view and good light.... this must be the height of luxury.