Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.15.2008

Speaking of Designers' Scrapbooks ...


Just in at Paris Hotel Boutique: a first edition of Cecil Beaton's The Face of the World: An International Scrapbook of People and Places. Included are his portraits, sketches and photo-documentary images of numerous legends -- Audrey Hepburn, Karen Blixen, Camus, Sartre, Picasso -- and of his home Ashcombe.

For years I've seen Beaton books in the background whenever Lynn von Kersting's home is photographed. The "Scrapbook" is definitely on my wishlist.

Second image from Chris Casson Madden's New American Living Rooms

9 comments:

erika - urban grace interiors said...

congrats on the 1st dibs gig! i loved it!!!!!

Style Court said...

thanks erika!!!

pve design said...

My heart suddenly started "Beaton" a few beats faster.
Oh how I would love that book.
Congrats! When you tire of it, do think of me.

Anonymous said...

Much deserved recognition at 1st dibs! Your blog brightens my day and never dissappoints!

Style Court said...

Thanks Anon! I really appreciate it :)

la la Lovely said...

This book looks so interesting! And congratulations on 1st dibs! I love your blog!

Style Court said...

Thanks LLL!

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Hi Courtney, thanks so much for the nice mention!! I would LOVE to get the Beaton Scrapbook book that's in the photo!!

Congrats on the fabulous story on 1st Dibs. What an interesting and inspiring life!

Lynn

Style Court said...

Thanks Lynn!

You always have the most amazing books :)