Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.15.2008

The Last Garden


With photography by Francois Halard and text by garden expert Christian Duvernois, Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden at Versailles looks like a must-add to the 2008 holiday gift list. The book is reported to be a refreshing departure from usual coverage of the queen, focusing on her private realm and passion for horticulture. Scheduled release is October, just in time for giving. Here's a sneak peek.




Photography copyright Francois Halard, Marie-Antoinette and the Last Garden by Christian Duvernois, Rizzoli New York, 2008.

9 comments:

Bayou Contessa said...

WOW! This book is now at the top of my wish list!

Bayou Contessa said...

Courtney,
I just had the pleasure of reading your wonderful profile on 1st dibs!
It was great getting to know a bit more about you and surprise that you graduated from Agnes Scott! So did I, way back in 1980. I was a fine arts major and completely enjoyed it. Congratulations on your fabulous 1st dibs article.

Style Court said...

Julie,

Great to hear from a Scottie! You must have spent hours in the Dana FA building!

Thanks for reading :)

Be the change..... said...

I simply canNOT wait for this book to come out! What beautiful photography on one of my favorite subjects!

Anonymous said...

This looks marvelous! KDM

robyn said...

Love this post Courtney, but also wanted to say how much I enjoyed the blog at 1st dibs about you. Great photo.

Style Court said...

Thanks Robyn! I absolutely thought of you when I started reading about this book :)

visual vamp said...

Poignant, haunting, and fabulous. Thank you for the sneak peak. I hope it really comes out in October in time for Christmas gifting...

Ana said...

These are amazing. I particularly loved the third photograph with that amazing tree.