Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

5.12.2008

Kashgar


George Michell's The Majesty of Mughal Decoration was one of my favorite releases in 2007. So I'm eagerly awaiting his next book, Kashgar: Oasis City on China's Old Silk Road.

Today Kashgar, located in China's remote western area, is the site of what some call the best Sunday market in the world. Historically it was a pivotal spot along the the famed Silk Route. Click here to learn more.

7 comments:

Alkemie said...

This one looks interesting too. Good for culture and history :)

Mélanie said...

I would love to go there ..driving on the silk route

Yoli said...

I love it. I need to get the book when it comes out. I will make a point of visiting next time I am in China.

LallaLydia said...

I'm really interested in the Silk Road's history and legacy. Thanks for tipping me off to this book. I'll look forward to reading it.

Style Court said...

Oh good LL, glad to peak your interest!

Lynne Rutter said...

can you do a piece on where to keep all these books. i have run out of space, and may have to start using a pile of books as a coffee table.

that cover photo reminds me of burningman center camp!

Style Court said...

Lynne,

I know! I have the same problem with lack of space.

I'll try to post some sort of link to past posts about bookcases etc. :)