Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

4.19.2008

Reader Request: More Bookcases


A reader with plans to install bookcases in a red room asked to see an inspirational image. Here is one of my all-time faves: Mike Clifford's L.A. library-entry. What an unexpected twist when you come through the door. And note the elegant, timeless pedestal table -- another example of a great investment that could function in nearly every room of a home. (Click to see details.)


Photo by Grey Crawford, Elle Decor

10 comments:

annechovie said...

I absolutely love this photo, Courtney. All of the elements are perfect!

Style Court said...

I agree Anne! Clifford has great taste.

Cote de Texas said...

So beautiful! What a lovely library.

Joni

Alkemie said...

Wow what a great library! I need shelving like that for my books and magazines!

Anonymous said...

How funny!! I have this same picture/page on my desk right now as I'm working out the layout of my new home office. I loved the bookcase lighting so much (Visual Comfort - Boston Functional Library Two Arm Wall Light), but I went with the Dorchester 18" Picture Light (also Visual Comfort) because I lack the ceiling height to do the others justice.

Joanna Goddard said...

SO nice.

LondonCalling said...

Thank you for posting this picture! We are in process of building bookcases in the living room. It didn't occur to me to paint the backs red. Love it!

Style Court said...

london,

glad it helped!

simply seleta said...

The room, the shelves, the chandelier, love them all. I will have to come back to this picture and look a little longer!

Anna Spiro said...

THIS is gorgeous!
X
Anna