Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

4.16.2008

Chintz (and more)


I have to say, I'm embarrassed it has taken me this long to mention Chintz: Indian Textiles for the West, a new title from Rosemary Crill, senior curator in the V & A's Asian Department. It was the nice feature on Achivia Books, in the latest House Beautiful, that jogged my memory.

Click here for more on the V & A's textile collection. The book is also available here.


Also of interest, the V & A's exhibition, Thomas Hope: Regency Designer.


William Henry Bartlett, Steps to the Conservatory, 1825-6. (home of Thomas Hope)

2 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

Can't tell you how much I wish I was back in London so I could just pop in to see these exhibits!

Style Court said...

Meg, I know!!