Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

3.01.2008

Lulu at Last?






All artwork © Lulu de Kwiatkowski, AMMO Books, 2007.

I know. I'm driving you mad. I keep announcing the imminent release of Lulu, the first book from textile designer Lulu de Kwiatkowski, only to follow up with news of another delay. But this time a reliable source tells me the book is finally scheduled to hit store shelves in May (this year.)

Again, the focus of the book will not be interiors or fabric specifically. Look for surreal handmade collages inspired by Lulu's 1970s childhood and her worldly travels. (Lulu's background is in fine art.)

With art house publisher Ammo Books behind it, the large-scale volume should be worth the wait. In the meantime, more preview images are available on the publisher's site.

4 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

No, you aren't driving me mad, it's hysterical! ok, this is what you have to do and if you don't I might! take all the posts about the imminent arrival of Ms. Lulu's book and post them into one entry. ditto for the L.A. book. you know the one i'm talking of I'm sure!!!! too funny. reliable sources!!!

J

Mrs. Blandings said...

I am just imaging how crazy the editor/publisher must be.

Style Court said...

And I sympathize with the promotions team :)

ALL THE BEST said...

It does seem like it has been forever!! Looking forward to seeing it in print!