Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

3.21.2008

Konstantin Kakanias


I've been going a bit mad trying to find some old tear sheets from House & Garden featuring the ballroom-turned-home of artist Konstantin Kakanias. In addition to photographs of his house, the story included a two-page interior illustration by Kakanias. You may have spotted his work in many of Peter Dunham's projects. Kakanias also did the save-the-date cards for Kate Rheinstein's wedding, as seen in Elle Decor. (Her mom is Suzanne.)


His colorful, witty book, Mrs. Tependris: The Contemporary Years: The Adventures of An Art Collector, is getting harder to find but is still available.

6 comments:

Jude said...

I've got a ton of House & Gardens down in the basement. If I happen to come across this I'll let you know.

Style Court said...

Oh that would be great! So kind of you Jude. Thanks.

Mrs. Blandings said...

Courtney - any idea of a date range? I can hunt myself.

Style Court said...

Hi Patricia,

Maybe 4 - 6 years ago? Mary McDonald's Buster Keaton restoration was on the cover I think. Said "Sunshine Style"

Victoriahark said...

The magazine that you are looking for is JUNE 2002. The artist lives in the ballroom that belonged to Barbara Stanwyck-- I kept the magazine because she is my favorite actress!

Style Court said...

Thanks Victoria!