Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

3.27.2008

China Chic (Again)


Currently on view through July 2008 is the V & A's exhibition, China Design Now. The show encompasses fashion, graphics, and the general proliferation of fresh design in China. Poster above by Chen Shaohua, 1992.


And I'm sure you've seen these woven wicker Kotur clutches from Vivre in the new Vogue Living (Carolina Irving has exquisite taste). But the art history major in me wants to point out that the brass plated closures are modeled after those found on ancient Ming Dynasty chests.


Tiny Ming chest available through Edgar L. Owen.

3 comments:

Pigtown-Design said...

Love the wicker clutches. I have two wicker handbags for summer and I always get loads of compliments on them!

Rikkianne said...

I also carry wicker for summer and people gravitate towards it. You would think that more people would carry it:)

I adore those clutches!!!!

LallaLydia said...

That poster speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.