Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

2.17.2008

Speaking of Dressmaker Details...



Ruthie Sommers' breakfast room actually feels very "Vicki-esque" to me. (Faye Dunaway's character in 1968's Thomas Crown Affair.) The blue velvet curtains have a ruffled silk edge and are juxtaposed with mod white leather wing chairs, a Saarinen Tulip table and a chocolate herringbone sisal rug. Room image courtesy InStyle Home, spring 2007.

7 comments:

SimplyGrove said...

I agree with you! My favorite part of that room is the Saarinen Tulip Table! I need me one of those..

Anonymous said...

Ikea has a great knock-off of that Sarrinen table. By the way, I love looking at these designs, as related to fashion! Wonderful! Just last night I was looking at the cover of the March Vanity Fair, with all those John Galliano Spring 2008 dresses on the cover, in shades of washed out coral, pale mint, and ivory, both flounces and softened forties suits. It is the most elegant combination of hard and soft lines, with colors both vibrant and muted.... that would be an amazing room!!!

Style Court said...

Anon, that cover would translate to an amazing room :)

tiffany said...

I am having curtains made for my little girl's room similar to the ones in the Miles Redd room. My question is what kind of rod he used. You don't see the rod or any curtain rings. Does anyone know?

Style Court said...

Hi Tiffany, I'll scan another view of the curtains and post it shortly :)

Anonymous said...

I am looking for a good reupholster in NYC to redo a wingchair. Any suggestions?

thanks
Vidi

Style Court said...

Hi Vidi,

Have you ever checked out the Franklin report? It has a directory:

http://franklinreport.com/