Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

2.18.2008

Reader Request: Details





Here are some other views of those couture-style curtains favored by Miles Redd and Ruthie Sommers. Click images to enlarge and better see the hardware.

In her own home (second two pictures), Sommers has opted for very simple rods and rings. Redd appears to have installed his client's curtains extremely close to the ceiling without a clearly visible rod. Whatever hardware was used, it disappears into the wall.

Sommers interior is from Cottage Living, December 2006; Redd pictures via domino, October 2005.

6 comments:

Bayou Contessa said...

I think the best rod for frilly drapes is an absolutely plain one like Miles Redd uses. These blue curtains against the lavendar wallpaper and steel bed frame are the ultimate in luxurious femininity. I like the dramatic tension between the frills and wallpaper against the simpler elements: bedframe and rods.

Mrs. Blandings said...

What are those rods, Miss Courtney? I'm intrigued.

Style Court said...

I'm not sure. domino calls refers to curtains, not drapes, so I don't think it's a track of some sort -- but you never know.

I thought maybe the image would give the reader an idea of the look she wants for her own home.

Style Court said...

That should've read:

"domino refers to curtains, not drapes, ..."

The Peak of Chic said...

There was a neat rod that you used to be able to get at Bed,Bath,and Beyond. I think by Unica Home? It was completely clear plastic but had brushed chrome ends (which could be covered by the curtains). It was great because the curtains took the place of prominence, not the hardware. Also good for someone on a budget.

tiffany said...

Thanks! I am going to show these pictures to my workroom to see what she recommends to achieve this look. After examining the close-up, it looks like there might be some sort of white rod there, but you only see the middle and not the ends because the sides of the curtains sort of wrap around. I'll let you know what I end up with.