Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

2.12.2008

Diana Reid Haig


Last week I mentioned that Diana Reid Haig, author of Walks Through Napoleon & Josephine's Paris, will be in Atlanta to speak at the High on Thursday, February 21 at 7 p.m. The focus of her free talk will be the refined style of France's first Empress, Josephine. But Haig is also the critically acclaimed writer of Walks Through Marie Antoinette's Paris.

Here are good links offering much more detail about both books, Paris and Haig:
Napoleon and Josephine's Paris
Marie Antoinette's Paris

2 comments:

Me, Myself & I said...

This sounds like a wonderful book. I bet it has some great pictures. I would love to attend the event...too bad I'm in L.A.

Anonymous said...

I read Napoleon & Josephine's Paris last November right before a trip to Paris - it is a quick (1 hour), easy, fascinating read.