Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

1.08.2008

Working with Peter Dunham



Photography by Patrick Demarchelier

For me, Jennifer Garner's garden in the fall/winter Vogue Living was one of the standouts of 2007. Apart from the landscaping, I loved how Peter Dunham's signature textiles (most of which are Indian-inspired) were used outdoors. Jen West is also a fan of Dunham's hand-printed fabrics and she used them to spice up old wicker furniture found at Goodwill.



For her children's play room, she stained the furniture dark espresso and layered on an ikat pillow found in San Francisco.



Contact: jenwestdesign@comcast.net.

7 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

I wish this were MY playroom!

pepperwinfrey said...

I love your blog! I'm new to the world of blogs and could spend hours on your site. I love, love, love the color on the walls in your 12/19 and 12/21 posts - looks like maybe a foyer. If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know what color it is.

Style Court said...

Oh gosh thanks Pepper! That's an existing bedroom blue. The walls have extensive water damage and haven't been changed yet. Sorry I'm not more helpful!

Laura_theScoop said...

I have become such a fan of Jen West's work, as introduced to me through this blog. Do you know if an online portfolio of her projects is in the works? She has such an eye for fabric and color.

michelle said...

Ohh, I also loved her garden so much, I love the outside living room feel, I am so going to replicate that when I have a garden!

Style Court said...

laura, jen said motherhood and work keep her pretty swamped, so not in the near future :)

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm with the others- I like the fabric that Jen chose, and the ikat pillow looks great against the Dunham fabric.