Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

1.23.2008

The Jones Sofa


I know several of you would like to find a stand-in for Rashida Jones' French sofa seen in the February Domino. One option might be to hunt down a reasonably priced vintage piece and invest in fresh, contemporary upholstery. For example, I spotted this Louis-XV-style on eBay. It's actually from the 1930s, according to the dealer, and although its arms are much higher than Jones', its back and legs hit the mark.



Jones photo by Paul Costello.


At a reader's request, I found this black and white abstract floral painting by Jan Weiss on Etsy. It is rather small, 12" by 12", and costs $95. I also like to browse Shop SCAD for works by undiscovered artists. Expect prices here to range from about $350 to $700.

11 comments:

mehaley said...

I'm coveting her Donald Baechler print. Any suggestions for something with similar impact but more affordable?

katiedid said...

Oooooh. I love that sofa at top. Great shape and there is something about white upholstery that I adore. :) I am going to go back through your posts as I havw been out of the loop and have to catch up! Looking forward to all your great info.

girl meets glamour said...

What a great find, I am in love with Rashida's sofa and her whole apt. for that matter :)

~Kate

Style Court said...

Thanks Katie!

Style Court said...

Kate, I too think her apartment came together so well!

Passementerie said...

Fabulous sofa and yes - there are great furniture finds to be had on Ebay.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Love what she did with the Moroccan table. I am going to try that.

Chopin Girl said...

Thanks so much for that find!!! I've been coveting that couch since I've seen it in Domino!!!! :) :) :) You made my day!

Style Court said...

Chopin,

I'm so glad! It's always nice to here back, so thanks.

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I found a couch EXACTLY like this at www.thebellacottage.com. The only difference is my couch is cream colored...but that doesn't bother me none. The furniture at that site is one of kind and all imported from France. I have re-done my entire living room and it looks almost just like hers. Why mess with style when this looks so good and it mimics what I already like. I just didn't have a clear picture of how to organize everything.

Mahogany Wright

Style Court said...

Mahogany -- thanks for sharing more ideas :)