Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

12.04.2007

Bollywood Regency



This week I'm hoping to finally see Mira Nair's The Namesake. (Visually, her films are always so lush.) I'm also reading The Majesty of Mughal Decoration. So Christine Bell's intricate Indian screen grabbed my attention. She dubs this exotic piece "Old Bollywood Regency," and pairs it with vintage chairs decked-out in new scarlet seats that scream "White Lacquer Christmas in Palm Beach." More on Christine Friday.

2 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

You'll want to play the soundtrack from Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Express in the background.

Alkemie said...

oh wow! what a beautiful dining area! I've just put Namesake on my Netflix list. Looking forward to it.