Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.20.2007

Upcoming Release: Vintage French Interiors



For those of us who love the hunt, it looks like an interesting new book about vintage shopping is on the horizon. Vintage French Interiors: Inspiration from the Antique Shops and Flea Markets of France is scheduled to be released March 2008. I've been told Paris is covered exhaustively along with France as a whole. I'll share images as soon as I can.

Speaking of books, oh how I wish I could be in L.A. in December. At Hollyhock, Suzanne Rheinstein will host a book party to celebrate Tony Duquette. Authors Wendy Goodman and Hutton Wilkinson will be there for signing. Did you know Hollyhock is in the building that once housed design legend Duquette's studio?





Last year I mentioned this rock crystal votive, one of Hollyhock's most popular items. Apparently, Duquette loved these.

11 comments:

beachbungalow8 said...

yay can't wait!

a. said...

I was surprised to see that the Tony Duquette book was published by my former employer! I am so excited :-)

katiedid said...

Tony Duquette is on my Xmas list and now I have another one for my list! I love the beautifully relaxed tablescape on the cover.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I should get this book in the hopes that someday I will attend a French flea market. It is definitely on my to do list!

girl meets glamour said...

Looks like one more great book to add to my list too! Thanks for sharing Courtney and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

~Kate

Style Court said...

Thanks Kate, you too!

robyn said...

Wow, I'll look forward to Vintage French Interiors!
Thanks Courtney. :)

Alkemie said...

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE books - especially design books. Looking forward to it. The crystal votive looks similar to the one that Z Gallerie had this last summer.

Jennifer Ramos said...

yes i heard, cant wait!!
THANKS!.........

Jen Ramos
'Earth Friendly DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com

Mélanie said...

Wonderful choice of books , this first one looks fabulous

Cote de Texas said...

I didn't know that about Rheinstein's place!! Interesting. I have one of those cyrstal votives and had no idea of about Tony D. connection. Fascinating.


Joni