Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.14.2007

Not Too Shabby




This morning I had to nab a Pink Pig pass at the mall, so just for a second I popped in Atlanta's newly opened Shabby Chic. Perhaps a bit nostalgic for the 90s, I was curious to see how Ashwell's aesthetic has evolved. The core Shabby Chic elements are there (think soft, feminine and ethereal), but there are also a few not-so-frilly, not-so-overstuffed pieces -- worn, rich chocolate-brown leather furniture, classically scaled white sofas -- that feel timeless and very English.



Someone who craves a room like Windsor Smith's, above, could find similar components at Shabby Chic. Namely the shimmering crystal chandelier, pillows, silver accessories and white upholstery. Currently the shop is also brimming with charming vintage holiday ornaments.

(Photo of Smith living room by Miguel Flores-Vianna for Domino, August 2007.)

4 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

Thanks for reminding me, I need to make a special trip. Btw, Have you been to the new Ralph Lauren store yet? I was really impressed.

Style Court said...

Yes, it's very special (Ralph Lauren). I mean I haven't been able to tour all of it yet, but what I've seen is so cool.

a. said...

I have always been a fan of Shabby Chic, but not so much of Rachel Ashwell. I do have all of her books!

The Peak of Chic said...

I've only looked in the windows but never made it inside. Obviously I need to!