Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.06.2007

Kelly's Rustic Canyon Chic Wedding










Some people buy magazines to see actresses’ weddings, but I’m partial to a fête put together by an interior designer. Recently Kelly Galvin Robson, Director of Instant Space for Burnham Design, treated me to a sneak peek at her wedding album.

Ralph Lauren's indigo "Island Key Floral" set the tone for Kelly's reception. Using the blue-and-white fabric as an overlay on her tables was just the beginning.

"I used it on everything. I made the invitations and save-the-date cards, and this print was on both...I wanted the party to be "rustic canyon chic" in a homespun way. We made all the favor boxes -- my mother and sister wrapped them individually in this Italian paper I found online -- and we made all the cookies inside the boxes." Kelly also echoed the blue-and-white pattern with vases at the church and reception. "It was quite an effort, but it turned out great."





By incorporating a beloved fabric into her invitations and other paper elements, Kelly used a technique often favored by Mary McDonald and Martha Stewart. There are several ways to do it: one of the simplest is to photocopy or scan your fabric, then use the printed paper for envelope liners or whatever you prefer. Kelly found that the large scale of her pattern posed challenges. So she became an Adobe Illustrator pro and took a jpeg file of the Lauren fabric to her printer.


Wouldn't it be fun to use Suzanne Rheinstein's "Dotted Leaf" for an event?

BTW: Kelly's new husband is Dave Robson. Amanda Bevington did a beautiful job with the photography, and Cyndi Turk of Devynn’s Garden did the lovely flowers. (562) 592-2610. Click wedding pics to enjoy.

14 comments:

Meredith said...

This wedding looks fantastic! I wonder if Kelly will move from interior design to wedding planning...I would definatley want to solicite her advice. I especially like the etched table number on the glass candle vases. It is such a nice and refined touch. I also enjoy the consistency of the fabric within the invitations, menus, and touches throughout the reception. It really brings a nice cohesiveness to an event. Great job!

Style Court said...

I think Kelly will look back in 20 years and not regret a single choice --it's so timeless but still individual. There's a real sense of place too. I love that it's not too sweet and for the bride only.

katiedid said...

Courtney! How did you ever get the pictures? They are wonderful. A beautiful wedding, all the better because it was so personal. Thanks for sharing!:)

Mélanie said...

This wedding looks unbelievable. I would love to have the same kind But first I have to find a groom ...
I would love to make an invitation with this pattern . Actually We are celebrating in 5 weeks our 10 th anniversary of our show room I have to think about making this kind of invitations !!

Anna said...

A very beautiful wedding - I love her choice of fabric - one of my faves as well!!
X
Anna

Style Court said...

Amanda and Kelly were generous to give me permission to use the photos.

The Peak of Chic said...

Gorgeous wedding, gorgeous photos... Yes, it's classic, timeless, and stylish!

beachbungalow8 said...

wow. so timely and inspiring to me. as i'm desiging everything around a fabric. i might have to print all of this out. thank you!!!!

Style Court said...

Megan, I thought of you when I put this together :)

Brilliant Asylum said...

First of all, i love the fiddleheads in the arrangements, but how cool are the echeveria?! What a fantastic, creative use of succulents with more traditionally "pretty" florals. Gorgeous photos.

Cote de Texas said...

WOW! What creativity! so soso beautiful - I love the menu cards and the gift boxes! the only thing I would have done different is used the print on the entire tablecloth, but then it probably would have been "too much" and that's why she didn't. Thanks for sharing your little coup!

Joni

Susan Graham said...

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.

rustic furniture said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.


Susan Graham

Loveme said...

This rustic decor is really amazing. It is chic and stylish. I love the fabric too!