Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.15.2007

Inspired Finds



Krista Ewart's bedroom photographed by Stephanie Diani for The New York Times.

Brilliant Asylum's discovery of handmade Nepalese wrapping paper is seriously tempting me to rethink my holiday plans. I love the Brilliant comparison to Madeline Weinrib's zig zag rug.



My other favorite find this week is Megan Samuels' three-foot balloon from Flood Street Curiosity. As Megan says, it's straight out of Le Ballon Rouge.

10 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am so glad you liked the paper! I was excited to find it.

robyn said...

What a nice post. :)

The Peak of Chic said...

I thought that was very inspired of BA!

girl meets glamour said...

I konw isn't that paper fantastic! I must have some for this season.

~Kate

MABELLE said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Le Ballon Rouge stills! They look just like Kate Spade ads!

Fairfax said...

I have just read that there's a helium shortage... can't remember why though. there will be floppy red balloons!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

When we lived in Nepal. We bought oodles of that paper. So lovely. Be aware that it is quite thick, as it is handmade.

Style Court said...

thanks for the tip maryam :)

Jennifer in ATL said...

The Red Balloon Movie! I do children's photography and this is a great inspiration for a photo shoot.
Love you blog.....
Jennifer

Style Court said...

Thanks Jennifer!