Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.10.2007

Fresh Upholstery


Oregon-based designer Jen West raves about Groves Bros. hand-printed Venetian-style textiles. She used "Monferato" in Butternut to reinvent some vintage chairs with lovely lines.



Be sure to click these images to appreciate the details. Interestingly, Jen says she now prefers Groves Bros. to the venerable Fortuny. "It feels much heavier than Fortuny," she explains.


Robert Kime's "Susani" linen was Jen's choice for the Dunbar chairs, below. Mixed with these are six blue chairs sporting posh Fortuny on the back and less expensive Pindler linen on the front.



For more information, contact Jen West Design at jenwestdesign@comcast.net. If you know someone who's mad about Fortuny, a detailed directory and ornaments made from the Italian fabric are available here.

5 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Jen emailed some photos from this job. Aren't those chairs just gorgeous? I hadn't seen those. I had seen the dining room chairs. Groves Brothers is a great alternative to Fortuny. And it IS much heavier. Those chairs are just gorgeous!!!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I loooove the red lacquer table with the white lamps!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for sharing this Courtney! I love the fabric choice esp.

~Kate

Lindsay said...

I love this whole look! I have a sofa table just like that and I so want to paint it a color, but my fiance wont let me without seeing some other examples. Do you have any other pics of brightly colored painted sofa tables that you could share? Thank you so much in advance if you do, I need some way to sway my fiance’s views on painted furniture :)

Style Court said...

Lindsay, I'll try to post some examples in the next few days :)