Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

11.17.2007

Burnham's Lighter Side



This image makes the cut for my iPhone. "Tashkent," a suzani-inspired fabric by Robert Kime, is a favorite of mine and I love how mix-master Betsy Burnham used it on this entrance hall chair. Overall the look is a bit tame for Burnham, but I think it's so chic. For more pick up a copy of the December House Beautiful.

The bone mirror is from Blackman Cruz and the chest is available through Mecox Gardens. Photo by Grey Crawford. Click on the Burnham label below to learn more about this talented West Coast designer.

11 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Aw, Robert Kime!!! To have the money to upholstery sofas and chairs and then do draperies - all in Kime! Absolute bliss.

Great iPhone pix. Long life Jobs!

Joni

Style Court said...

I put my most favorite tear sheets or interior shots on my iPhone for reference and just for enjoyment when I'm stuck in an unpleasant situation. It's such a handy thing :)

Anna said...

I adore the chest of drawers - the design on the drawer fronts is so interesting!
X
Anna

Fairfax said...

Did you see NYSD's interview with Kenneth Jay Lane on Friday. He had some suzanis on the back of a sofa waiting to be made into pillow covers.

Style Court said...

thanks for reminder fairfax!

The Peak of Chic said...

I thought it was so interesting to see something different, and of course beautiful, from Burnham.

Style Court said...

jennifer, me too!

Mrs. Blandings said...

See, you beat me this time. Still no HB, still no Domino. I'm cursed. Fun to see the preview. Thanks!

Style Court said...

Patricia,

I think you'll enjoy this issue. Hope it arrives Monday :)

Brilliant Asylum said...

Wow--what a beautiful chest and chair. This is becoming my screen saver today!

Style Court said...

BA,

It's my screen saver today too :)