Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.18.2007

Folksy Chic


Cheerful Yves Saint Laurent bag seen in the current issue of Vogue Living.




Global chic and folkloric pieces seem to reign in in the fall/winter issue of Vogue Living. So in that vein I thought I'd share these hand-painted Turkish bowls decorated with a whimsical camel and elephant promenade. Available through C. Bell.


Suggested reading: Bright Flowers: Textiles And Ceramics Of Central Asia.


Recently I saw Anthropologie's iron and seagrass Emile chair in person. For a kitchen, it seems to me it could skew well to rustic charm or clean-lined modern.

7 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Love the vibrancy of the bowls!

Brilliant Asylum said...

Cute bag. I can't read the whole price, but does that say $440? For a YSL bag?

Style Court said...

Yes. I double checked and $440. is printed in the magazine.

girl meets glamour said...

I love love love that Emile chair!!

~Kate

Bhavna said...

The turkish bowls are adorable!

Mélanie said...

For years , I have been in love with that chair from Pauchard I love so much its design

Cote de Texas said...

I want that purse for next summer! Isn't it just the cutest???


Joni