Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.23.2007

Reader Request: Ginger Jars




A reader recalls seeing brightly colored ginger jars in Nick Olsen's apartment. (He's that terribly witty and stylish assistant to Miles Redd.) What I spotted in a Domino photo of Nick's place is a large-scale white one. But if I've missed something, please let me know. Mecox Gardens sells a yellow "Imperial Porcelain Temple Jar." It is a little over 19 inches high and costs $195.

Photo top, Paul Costello, November 2006.

3 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I still want to know where Miles got his large white one with the silvered shell on the lid. John Rosselli?

robyn said...

That's a great room on top, I really like ginger jars...

girl meets glamour said...

What a great color!!! and a great find.

~Kate