Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.11.2007

Oh So Chic





Photography by Simon Upton.

In a few days, my copy of Elle Decor so Chic should arrive and I'll know for certain which residences made the book. Sadly, I don't think the sumptuous Miles Redd-designed apartment, above, is in there. At least not according to previews I've read. Published in Elle Decor, November 2006, this residence was such a stand-out last year. (That to-die-for bedroom is covered in de Gournay chinoiserie wallpaper.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Christopher Spitzmiller lamp in the dining room. The whole place is spectacular.

robyn said...

I love the rooms in this post, they're beautiful.

Style Saves the World said...

That top pic is gorgeous!

Paul Pincus said...

The dining room walls are covered in Dagobert Peche's wonderful "Antinous," which was designed in the 1920's for the Wiener Werkstatte (Vienna Workshops Style). I was lucky to catch the Peche show at the Neue Galerie in the fall of 2002 and became obsessed with his work. Peter Schjeldahl, in The New Yorker, wrote, Peche's wallpaper designs "commandeered my attention with the instantaneous authority of great art." He went on to write that the work "appears to banish all human values save that of gorgeous caprice." We should all be for gorgeous caprice! My partner had our home-office covered in Antinous. The leaves appear to be gold or bronze, depending on the light, and the overall effect is magical. Miles Redd is a master!