Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.24.2007

Inspired By Duquette



Bazaar's special issue, A Fashionable Life, pays homage to Tony Duquette. One Duquette-inspired tablescape (p.54) features L'Objet's teapot from a collection of exquisite ceramic pieces, which also includes the containers above. Fourteen-karat gold touches make them especially luxe. I mentioned these last spring, but since Atlanta's (and Charlotte's) oh-so-chic gift shop B.D. Jeffries sells them, I thought it would be nice to highlight them again. Prices start at $230.



Duquette might have been interested in the soon-to-be-released, Chinese Art: A Guide to Motifs and Visual Imagery.

A few months ago, Jennifer, a.k.a. Bibliostyle, gave us the scoop on the upcoming book, Tony Duquette.

8 comments:

design for mankind. said...

Ooh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tony Duqette! Thanks for featuring this!!! :)

The Peak of Chic said...

Is the Bazaar special issue on the newsstands yet? Can't wait to read it, esp. if there is an homage to Duquette!

girl meets glamour said...

Wow, okay so these are fantastic and thanks for sharing them!

~Kate

Style Court said...

I think it can be viewed online (the special issue) try:

http://www.afashionablelifemag.com/

or use my Bazaar link in the post. Good luck!

designflute said...

simply eyecatching!

patricia gray said...

I can't wait to get my copy of the Duquette book.

Suzy said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that issue, it also has a feature on Kelly Wearstler (the Habitually Chic blog has a link to the preview website)...I hope I can find a copy here. And I LOVE those ceramics, I think I need one...

Jessica said...

I have been eyeing the issue for a while and I love it. the top photo is fantastic!