Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.22.2007

Guess the Wallpaper




Perfectly coinciding with tomorrow's release of Tartan: Romancing the Plaid, J. Crew's November catalog has a Scottish Highland theme. (It was photographed on the Isle of Skye.) But what do you make of the wallpaper in the background? A happy discovery in an old home found on location? Or something shot in New York? Reader consensus says it's "Cow Parsley" from Cole & Son, available through Walnut Wallpaper.


Thanks Moodboard and Kate!

For more on Tartan,see my Rizzoli Round-Up.

10 comments:

moodboard said...

My favorite, Cow Parsley by Cole and son. Here is a link

http://www.cole-and-son.com/collection_detail.asp?SubID=274&ID=11

kate (pm) said...

Ooh - happens to be one I like a lot. It's called Cow Parsley by Cole and Sons.

One place that carries it is www.walnutwallpaper.com

The Peak of Chic said...

I feel as though I've seen this print before. This is going to drive me crazy! Hope someone can identify it!

elisabeth said...

Yes, it's the Cow Parsley! I papered a wall in my letterpress studio in that same yellow and I absolutely love it. It's not too pattern-y so I don't think I'll get sick of it.
(And I bought it from Sanderson UK at a fraction of what it might have cost here.)

Style Court said...

sounds so lovely elisabeth!

kate (pm) said...

Elisabeth's studio wall does sound nice. It's such a cheerful color and pattern. Glad you are enjoying!

The Peak of Chic said...

Thank goodness you have some sharp readers who could identify it!

Janet said...

Oh, I just want to crawl into the entire Scottish collection from J.Crew. So bright and cheerful. And the photos are amazing. I love the wallpaper find ~ what a sharp eye!

girl meets glamour said...

Great post, your readers were so quick with their response!

~Kate

madeline said...

so pleased to hear the comments about the cow parsley wallpaper,as after days of deliberation have just chosen it for our little victorian cottage.