Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.11.2007

Following Up



In July '06 when I posted this lavish image styled with de Gournay chinoiserie wallpaper, as seen in Elle Decoration, August 2004, it caused a mini sensation. Recently I stumbled upon other pages from the feature.





Now I'm more obsessed than ever with draping beads on poor unsuspecting objects. (BTW: the wallpaper here is "Badminton" on lead-grey dyed silk ground.)



Oh and speaking of Asian aesthetic inspiration, don't forget Buddha in Paradise: A Celebration in Himalayan Art, opens Saturday, October 13 at Emory's Carlos Museum. This exhibition is on loan from the Rubin Museum of Art, to celebrate the visit of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

6 comments:

bill said...

Beautiful! I look forward to all of your posts! I've become this way with ROSARY beads...remember that photo in Elle Decor (I believe) of all the crucifixes in a bowl...so drawn to that. Love that!

Style Court said...

Thanks Bill! I'll have to look for that picture you described :)

decorno.blogspot.com said...

Ha! Your "poor unsuspecting objects" comment made me laugh out loud. :)

Style Court, my friend, what must I do to get a link on your site? I feel like I have made friends with every other blogger out there, but you.

I will totally send you homemade cookies, you know.

Style Court said...

decorno, i'll add you asap -- it was just an oversight!

decorno.blogspot.com said...

:) You made my day.

Also, thanks for leading me to Flea Speech... I love that there is a blog dedicated just to markets. I am always finding great stuff on your blog!

Cote de Texas said...

Decorno is so funny, I just love her. I want the cookies! Courtney I love the new background the brown used to drive me crazy. I hope you keep this. btw, this is my fav de Gournay paper. In the George Cameron Nash showroom, they have a whole wall of it with a gorgeous sofa in front and these lamps - baluster made of crystal! with fortuny shades. to die for.

Joni