Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.05.2007

Burnham Mixes It Up Again



Photography, Barbara Davidson for Los Angeles Times

I love the dining room of Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller, featured yesterday in The LA Times. According to the paper, Fuller's designer --Betsy Burnham-- edited his sci-fi action figures and passion for kitsch without cutting what she calls his "dark whimsy." So, in another room, a life-size Gollum sculpture lives happily with Schumacher upholstery. What I've shown here feels the most trad; for a true sense of that dark edge, be sure to tour the entire home.

BTW: Burnham's firm offers an alternative online design service, Instant Space, for clients willing to do their own leg-work.

6 comments:

robyn said...

What a reat post Courtney, I liked his house tour. Love his little dining room. :)

Cote de Texas said...

gosh, I adore that chair!!! going to check out the sites, thanks Courtney!

Joni

Cote de Texas said...

Merry Christmas, a little early!! This is such a great gift, use it in good health, as my father always says when someone receives a gift. It's lovely.



Joni

katiedid said...

Thanks for the Tour Courtney! I love Betsy Burnham. I'm not sure about that Gollum in the corner...creepy. His cat bears a striking resemblance to his bedroom lamp! Lots to like here though.

Style Court said...

Katie, I know! There's a big creep factor. It's not me, but I enjoyed seeing how Burnham worked with the client :)

Mrs. Blandings said...

I love that toile - fab!