Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

10.19.2007

Ashcombe: The Story of a Fifteen-Year Lease




This morning I received an email about Cecil Beaton's 1949 Ashcombe: the Story of a Fifteen-Year Lease. If you are searching for a paperback copy or hardcover first edition, Abe Books has both. Prices range from about $8 to $40. Amazonhas vintage copies too.

As The Peak of Chic mentioned the other day, Annie Kelly’s review for 1stdibs indicates that both of Ashcombe’s most famous occupants – Cecil Beaton and Madonna – will be featured in the upcoming Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People.


Madonna at Ashcombe as seen in Vogue 2005.

4 comments:

Mélanie said...

MAy I read this book ??

Cote de Texas said...

Wow, I just can't wait any longer, Courtney! Hurry up Amazon!

Joni

The Peak of Chic said...

I think I need both books! I have to admit, though, that I'm more intrigued with the way Beaton designed his home rather than the current Madonna version!

Style Court said...

Jennifer, I know what you mean :)