Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.13.2007

Turkish Delights



Above, Turkish tabletop wares from Pasabahce, and the highly decorative Topkapi Palace; Photos by Simon Watson for House & Garden.

A friendly member of the team over at House & Garden online just sent me a reminder about a gorgeous slideshow they've put together on Istanbul. It ties-in perfectly with the little globe-trotter-chic theme I've had going recently. Istanbul, a seriously ornamental centuries-old city, is fast becoming a contemporary mecca for shopping, dining, and modern design. Check it out here.

BTW: Vivre has assembled a few Turkish delights of their own, several of which I've shared here in the past week.

8 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am dying to visit Istanbul. These beautiful photos will tide me over until then!

The Peak of Chic said...

Exotic indeed! Vivre is also doing a Turkish theme with some of their merchandise :)

Style Court said...

Great point Jennifer. I added the link :)

Calie Anderson, C.I.D. said...

Beautiful, Beautiful photos.

robyn said...

This is a great post, I love anything Turkish, my Mother is from Instanbul and lives there again. I went to high school in ankara. :)

Style Court said...

Oh Robyn, how interesting!

Mélanie said...

I love so much all your post about globe trotter chic !!!

Style Court said...

Melanie,

I'm so glad!