Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.04.2007

A Tailored Headboard


Bedroom above designed by Peter Dunham, as seen in House & Garden, August 2006.

It's been fun to consider the myriad headboard styles that can be made by talented upholsterers (for some wild interpretations visit Joni's discovery: Dreamy Headboards.) But at the end of the day, I think simple, tailored shapes suit me best. To my file of basic headboards, I've added Peter Dunham's above. I love how the one understated embellishment -- simple trim -- brings so much crispness to the room.

2 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

I think I agree with you Courtney, you'll never tire of a clean, tailored shape.

Sarah Jennings said...

I love a tailored headboard with a great detail. Williams Sonoma Home has a lovely headboard with contrasting welting, but the price is quite high.