Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.04.2007

Suzani Pillows




These hand-embroidered silk pillow covers from Yurdan grabbed my attention because of the predominance of yellow. Both are priced around $82.

BTW: The Textile Museum, located in Washington D.C., hosts its Fall Symposium Friday - Sunday, October 19 - 21. Guest speakers include TiTi Halle, owner of Cora Ginsburg, and Harold Koda, Curator in Charge, Costume Institute, The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

5 comments:

Mélanie said...

Thanks to you I ahve discovred the suzani embroidery fabric . i am in love with them . I've been to the Yurdan's site and I'm going to order some suzani bedcover.
I will write a post about my purchases...

style court said...

melanie,

hope you enjoy your purchases :)

girl meets glamour said...

Wow, these are just fantastic!! Not a bad price either. Thanks for the info.

~Kate

Arch said...

Very interesting style...I love hand embroidery and am a big fan of the various Indian Hand embroidery...
Thanks for sharing:-) Will check out Yurdan.

Arch

style court said...

arch,

glad you liked it :)