Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.18.2007

Shipwreck Porcelain




Podcast content above © Sotheby's

Axel Vervoordt is known for his "adventurous displays" of antique Chinese porcelain recovered from shipwrecks. If you're interested in learning more about "shipwreck china," here are links from a past post: Sultan's Lost Treasure, and Sotheby's podcast about the sale of over 76,000 pieces of fine 18th-century artifacts recovered from the South China Seas.

3 comments:

katiedid said...

I just got my Axel book in the mail, and have to say it is one of the best books I have seen. I am thouroughly satisfied and am planning many a curl up on the sofa this fall to enjoy it.

Style Court said...

Katie,

Isn't it amazing? That home on the Mediterranian!! Oh my.

katiedid said...

Oh, I love that view and the sunny yellow living room! I also love the ski resort in Verbier and the Tuscan Farmhouse. I can just imagine a meal of warm cheese and crusty bread in front of the fire at the ski house. Sigh.