Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.29.2007

Elephant Jalli Quilt





For the collector with a soft-spot for elephants and a love of Indian textiles: a vintage mid-century Jalli quilt available through Pat McGann. $650.

And here's a round-up of previously posted, small related pieces. J. Crew's new white elephant charm bracelet. I've seen it in person -- very chic. $125.



Two more favorites: Kate Spade's charming letterpressed elephant calling card, available through Crane, and William Arthur's elephant holiday card.




This blue-and-white elephant vase is one of my past Saturday afternoon finds. I'd prefer to find a great all-white one similar to Krista Ewart's below.





Above, Krista Ewart's bedside table, with elephant vase, photographed by Melanie Acevedo for Domino, June/July 2007.



Leather elephant made by the small British company, Omersa. Mecox Gardens stocks these too.


Illustration by Jacqueline Duheme shows Lee Radziwell and Jacqueline Kennedy riding elephant, Jaipur 1962.

7 comments:

robyn said...

What a great post, I really like the blue and white elephant you found, the whites nice but you have a rider on yours... also love the K.Spade calling card.

Style Court said...

thanks robyn!

The Peak of Chic said...

LOVE, LOVE your weekend find Courtney!!!!

Style Court said...

Thanks Jennifer!

Bhavna said...

Courtney, I have something for you on my blog today.. :-)

Annie Empiric said...

I'm an elephant freak! Great post. I featured my own personal collection a few months back but, of course, have added since then!

Style Court said...

Annie, sounds like we have something in common :)