Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

9.18.2007

Daily Findings



Today when I was in the book store picking up my copy of Axel Vervoordt: Timeless Interiors, I spotted this image, below, of Kate and Andy Spade's New York apartment. It's a different view than I've posted in the past. Kate says that, for her, a living room filled with interesting and meaningful objects is the true heartbeat of a home, rather than the kitchen.


Image, Vogue Living, Australia, August 2007

Related past post, The Spade Apartment.

7 comments:

Mélanie said...

I love the suzani in the background !!!

Brilliant Asylum said...

How interesting--it's much more traditional and subdued from this view.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the new Vervoordt book.

Style Court said...

thanks melanie :)

David said...

This shot (or at least this angle) was in the story in Town & Country in October 2004.

girl meets glamour said...

This is the perfect living room, and I love all the various combinations...esp. the painting on the fireplace mantel

Sarah Jennings said...

Great picture! What stands out to be is the little black side table/bench/garden stool...I love the see through quality of it.

Suzy said...

Wow, its so interesting to see that room from another angle. It's pretty close to perfection. I love it.