Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

8.11.2007

Vogue Living II



Back in April, I mentioned Hamish Bowles' soon-to-be released book, Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People. Sort of an update on the iconic 1960s volume, Vogue's Book of Houses, Gardens, People. (Joni just scored a copy of the vintage edition. Be sure to see her related post!) Of the future releases discussed here often in the last year, which are you most excited about:

Lulu, from textile designer Lulu de Kwiatkowski?

The L.A. House, from Ruthie Sommers?

Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People?

Inspired Styles? A book scheduled to be released by Assouline in time for holiday gift-giving 2007.

Elle Decor so Chic: Glamorous Lives, Stylish Places? (a Bibliostyle scoop.)

Or a different title?

11 comments:

a. said...

I am excited about the Vogue update, I just hope it's not the usual crowd of NYC people that they tend to gravitate towards. I am glad Knopf is publishing it too, should be interesting. I have never been able to score the original version in all the years I've been collecting books. Just wasn't meant to be!

I am also looking forward to Slim Aarons Pool book and the Lulu K. title as well. I haven't been very good about keeping up with the coffee table books since I left the business so I thank you for pointing all these titles out!

style court said...

Alyssa,

You have great taste in books so I appreciate your input!

Cote de Texas said...

OK, on Amazon I have preorded:

Bunny (you forgot that one!)
Axel V.
Tony D.
but Amazon doesn't have
LA House. Not sure about Lulu.And there's a new Betty L. Phillips coming out.

Courtney: this is a GREAT season coming up. I caution everyone to save, save, save. These books are hot and everyone is coming out with them now. It's fabulous! AND don't forget, blogger Jackie's book on draperies!

Joni

ALL THE BEST said...

Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People!!! Courtney you made my day!!!

style court said...

Oh good ALB! I know you appreciate great books too :)

mamacita said...

a. -- I'm afraid you might be disappointed. The new Vogue books looks to be a compilation of the last few year's worth of interiors that they have published.

I am most looking forward to the Elle Decor book. When they are on top of their game, that is my favorite interiors magazine.

The Peak of Chic said...

All of them!!!!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am the most excited about Vogue Living. As much as I love designers and their work, I am always slightly more inspired by the people who live in their rooms. I hope to get all of the books though. Thanks for the reminder!

Habitually Chic said...

I want all of them too! Especially the Vogue book but not as much if it is all just a compliation since I have tear sheets of all those homes. But it will be nice to have them all in one place.

We know Hamish very well at work so if there is a book party, I will definitely attend and report back!

patriciagrayinc.com said...

LA House - Ruthie Sommers

girl meets glamour said...

Oh thank you for reminding us of these books, I think I'm going to head over right now and preorder a few!

~Kate